Friday, March 5, 2010

Yet another injury on my right leg...




So I have decided that my right leg is cursed. After having an ACL surgery on this leg over a year ago I have yet another injury. Although this one is NO WHERE near as bad as that. When my volleyball team was in the weight room one morning at 7am we were jumping over hurdles and I landed wrong. My ankle immediately swelled up! (as seen in the last picture) It turned out to only be a sprain but it sure looks worse than that! I went to practice later that day and played on it (I don't wanna be a baby... and when you've experienced that pain of a torn ACL and everything that entails a sprained ankle doesn't seem bad at all) I've been keeping it wrapped with this special thing called a horseshoe that pushes the swelling away from the ankle- but what happens because of that is that bruising gets pushed to weird spots too, hence the weird shapes of bruises.
I'm fine. Currently slightly hobbling like an idiot yet again. I've been getting treatment, icing my ankle, and keeping it elevated as often as possible- even as I write this... So I'll just have to get it taped for extra support during practice on top of wearing my normal ankle braces for a while.


5 comments:

Andersons said...

You poor thing...that looks terrible! I hope you heal quickly.

And the good news about hurting your ACL (as if there's good news about it) is that childbirth will be a piece of cake in comparison. For real!

Elise and Lane said...

Is that bottom picture for real?! I've been studying it for the last 3 mins. and can't figure out how in the world your ankle could be shaped that way! Your gonna have to use the wheelchair on the flight when you come!

Anonymous said...

oh man!!! that's not cool! i sprained my ankle about 7 weeks ago. but i keep playing on it, and working and stuff, so it's taking for ever to heal. i hope that yours heals fast!! The bruising looks really cool though.....even though it looks painful.

Matt and Keline said...

That looks nasty. so sad. It sucks being hurt all the time. I would probably play on it also. No one likes to sit out that long. Hope it gets back to normal soon. and stays that way.

Andrea said...

Megan I think you need to come home so you can be protected!!