Sunday, March 7, 2010

Quick Sand

So this picture is from a few months ago but I figured I should let everyone have a laugh with me. A few friends of mine came down to visit from up north and brought down a boat. We were gonna go wake boarding/ tubing down in St. George at Sand Hallow. Well I had work in the morning so my roommate Marli and I left late to meet them down there. Well, I didn't know where they had parked, so I accidentally passed the lot where they had parked and had to make a U turn... So since the road was so narrow I figured rather than make a three point turn I'd take in wide and go a little bit onto the sand...How was I to know that if you try to drive on sand, well, you can't drive??

So naturally my car gets stuck. And I have no idea what to do. A bunch of people who were quadding stopped to help us damsel's in distress. Well pushing didn't work. And neither did trying to tow it out with the quads. I was in pretty deep! So finally my friends saw where I was and they went to get their truck... they hitched my up to their truck and towed me out no problem.
I couldn't help but laugh! I mean, who thinks they can drive on the sand??
Lesson learned! =)

1 comment:

Elise and Lane said...

Serious? Only you Megan :)