Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Repelling











So last weekend was a weekend for firsts. We had Monday Off for the hunting holiday (only in Utah!!! lol) and so a bunch of us decided it'd be fun to go down to St. George and go repelling. Now I had never been of course- and I had no idea what I was getting myself into (but some of my neighbors were pro and had equipment)! You have to strap yourself into a harness and basically attach yourself to a rope that is at the top of a cliff. Then you pretty much just walk off the cliff and support yourself the whole way down! Now mind you we only went on a 90 foot cliff this time (which is still huge- think 9 story building) but I was basically in tears as I did this. I knew I'd be fine but for some reason the thought of walking backwards off a cliff while i only had a rope I held onto to save my life freaked me out (I know, I know... I was over reacting... not! It was so scary!) But once I made it down the first time and got over my fear it became an adrenaline rush and I went down again and again!!! Then I started doing tricks, like 360 on my way down. And then I advanced to going down Aussie- which means walking down face first- much scarier and a little more complex. All in all I left feeling super accomplished... and you guessed it! I can't wait to go again!!!! =)

1 comment:

Andersons said...

You are such an adventure junkie...I love it! Awesome pictures too. :-)