Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Firehouse Field Trip

During my first week of teaching I was able to take my class to the firehouse for a field trip. All of the other second grade classes went as well. I was pleased to hear at the end of our tour that my class was the most well behaved of any class my "tour guide" had all week... I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far : )

 They were super excited to see the fire trucks!

 I was probably the most excited to see this kid get strapped down. He can't sit still in class... I wonder if they'd let me borrow this.

 The students learned how to stop, drop, and roll. We also got to simulate a house being on fire (with synthetic smoke) and the students got to jump out of the window onto a foam pad. This was everyone's favorite part.

Students also got to talk to "911" and practice what they would say in case of an emergency.

No comments: