Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wheelchair Basketball

Ballin'


It's Disability Awareness week at SUU and as one of the many activities that the school provided to raise awareness, they held a wheelchair basketball tournament! Now this is harder than you think. There are real rules:
  • After every 2 "rolls" or about 6 feet you must dribble the ball.
  • You can not be rolling when you shoot
  • You cannot use your feet in any way to assist you or the ball
  • Any contact with another persons wheelchair is a personal foul
  • All other basketball rules apply (e.g. back court, out of bounds, 3 pointers)

It was so fun! And my team made it all the way to the quarter finals. Not too bad for a first timer!

2 comments:

Blessed Mama! said...

Just found your blog through the Kempton's blog. I think you are the all time funnest person I have ever seen in my ENTIRE LIFE!!! You go girl! Linda

Blessed Mama! said...

When I'm going about my daily responsibilities of running kids to and from school, practice, scouts, friends houses, parent teacher conferences, doctors appointments, movies, bike track, YM's, church, umpiring baseball games, orthodontist, physical thearapy... I think I'll just live vicariously through your blog... Enjoy it while you can girl!