Monday, April 12, 2010

Texas

I went out to visit Elise in Texas for part of my spring break a few weeks ago. She lives in Buda which is just outside of Austin. I got to do a lot of sight seeing along with getting in a lot of quality time with Elise, Lane, and Danelle. We went to San Antonio and walk along the River Walk.
We also got to see the Alamo... and remember it =)
We went to the zoo where Danelle had a great time watching all the people and pointing to the animals. Most of the ones she recognized she knew from the Disney movie Madagascar.
And what's a trip to Texas without have some BBQ? We went to a place called Salt Lick which has some of the best meat I've ever eaten.... Danelle enjoyed licking off the tasty sauce.

All in all it was a fun and relaxing trip! The weather was perfect... I couldn't spend enough time out in the sun. It almost made me forget that I had to wait 9 hours in the Denver airport on standby on my way back home. But it was all worth it to get to see family and visit all of those great places!

1 comment:

Elise and Lane said...

I am so glad you got to come out and "experience Texas"! I hope it fulfulled your wildest dreams! ;)