Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Angel's Landing




Last weekend I went to Zion National Park and hiked Angel's Landing. I have a TON of pictures of it on facebook but thought I'd put a few up here since I haven't really done much since then... Anyways, here's a few stats about the hike:




  • It's a 5 hour avg hike (We got up in under an hour and a half and gat back in under two.)


  • It's over a 5 mile hike


  • The peak is at 5785 feet


  • The hardest thing I've ever done


  • So freaking steep!


  • Most amazing view


  • Sheer cliffs at high elevations while hiking on a narrow fin. Not suggested for children or those with a fear of heights. Avoid standing near the edge at all times! Do not hike the trail when it is wet, storming, or when high winds are present.


http://www.zionnational-park.com/zion-angels-landing-trail.htm



No comments: